Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Welcome Back!

Welcome back, friends and family!

Here I am in lovely downtown Vancouver to share my Olympic Adventures with you.  Once again I am surrounded by an amazing group of talented colleagues from all over The World.  And, once again, I'm being steadily swept away by the wonderful international camaraderie which is the Olympic experience.

This time around, the format will be slightly different:  In addition to posting my photos and videos here on the main page, I have also included a link to my photo album which will give you access to many, many more.  As you scroll along, feel free to click any picture for a full-size view.  And, as always, feel free to ask any questions or post any comments you might have.

I hope you enjoy the ride.  Here we go!




the journey begins with my arrival at the Vancouver airport.  thank you, I feel very welcomed indeed:



The adorable 2010 Olympic Mascots (from left to right):
Miga, MukMuk, Quatchi and Sumi.  Quatchi was fine enough to direct me to baggage claim.  What a nice guy... squa
tch:






First glance of the IBC (International Broadcast Centre) located at the newly built, huge, and highly amazing Vancouver Convention Center. aka: 
MY OFFICE:



I work down in the Master Control Office on the lower level.  Huge windows display the magnificent view of the Vancouver Harbor and Cypress Mountain:



See what I mean?  Breathtaking!







Canada Place - home of the Main Press Center (MPC).  Lovely view during the day...

and night:




(click this one for full-size)



Now, for some views inside the IBC:







the walls are covered with panels containing hundreds of end pieces.  a nice example of repurposing!


here's one for your mobile phone wallpaper:


Well, that's all the time I have for now.  As promised, you can find many, MANY more pictures on my web album here:













Vancouver Olympics 2010


Please check back for updates.  I'll try and upload as often as possible.  Take care and 
ENJOY THE GAMES!

-Sean

No comments: