Monday, March 3, 2008

Hello, Beijing!

Well folks, I'm here in Beijing. It's a huge city with a whole lot going on. First thing to note when in Beijing is that the people drive like maniacs. It makes a ride in a New York yellow cab feel like Driving Miss Daisy.

My flight was about 13 hours long and I arrived at around 4:00pm local time today, Monday March 3rd. I left Washington DC at 8:30am yesterday (Sunday). I'm a half day into the future here and my body doesn't know quite what to do. It's around 5:00am in Baltimore so I guess I've been up for about 24 hours now, give or take the small amount I snoozed on the plane. FYI if you're still have your calculator out it's 13 hours ahead of EST.

Tomorrow I start the first of four days of preliminary training for my job at the IBC (International Broadcast Center) for the Olympics. I am here in my hotel room as I write this.. my very, VERY swank hotel room at the Marco Polo Beijing. Check it out:

view from near the front door













and check out this BATHROOM!!!!!! SWANK!



wow... amazing. I think it's about time that I take this bathroom for a spin. I'll post again tomorrow.

-Sean

p.s. miss you Babycakes!


5 comments:

Olga said...

Babycakes! Welcome to Beijing! I love your swank hotel room and the travertine bathroom! How LOVELY! Is that glass mosaic surrounding the tile?! Love you!

Micah said...

eat weird shit.

Jack_Acid said...

I expect documentation of said swanky bathrooms use. Pictorial documentation.

Unknown said...

Very cool, Sean! I fully expect you to DESTROY that swank toilet while you're there. I'll be checking back to see more updates!

smiddog said...

Nice blog dude! Can't believe you're in Chiner. That's China with an unnescessary "er" at the end. Kind of like saying pizzer(pizza) , or dater (data). Anyways man, NOYCE pics, and Sexy hotel room you gots there. Enjoy the bathroom my friend, enjoy it alot. I'll be checking back with you. Peace.

-SmidDOGG